Achieving academy status can provide your school with so many benefits. Having additional funds, more freedom and less bureaucracy, allows you to focus on what is really important, the learning and development needs of your pupils. Naturally, you will want to invest your funds wisely and get the best value for money and most effective services for your academy.
Our academy team provide a high quality audit along with expert advice and support to primary and secondary schools, and multi school trusts. Their specialist experience comes from many years supporting the education sector and through close liaison with Government regulatory bodies.
We understand that your academy has its own individual needs, and we work closely with you to provide you with the help and support you need to achieve your goals. One important thing we do fix is our fee, and if we are appointed as auditors to your school, this fee includes unlimited telephone and email support. This means that you can comfortably budget those costs and know that there will be no nasty surprises at the end of the year.
Our team are fully trained in academy audits, and are fully conversant with the Academies Financial Handbook. They can also assist you with advice, support and training throughout the conversion process and in to the future.
Our full range of services includes:
Academy conversion advice and support
- Practical accounting changes arising from Academy status
- Appropriate use of a Trading subsidiary
- VAT review
- Assistance with calculation of “agreed surplus”
- Risk management
- Audit of the Academy Trust financial statements
- Preparation of the year end financial statements
- Ongoing VAT advice, updates and reclaims
- Assistance with reviewing and updating your Financial systems (incl the Financial Management and Governance Evaluation (FMGE) forms)
- Assistance with the role of Responsible Officer (Internal Audit)
- Assistance with the preparation of the Abbreviated Accounts Return (AAR)
- Assistance with the preparation of the Whole of Government Accounts Return (WGA)
- Assistance with budgeting and management information
- Bookkeeping, management accounts and payroll services
- Trustee and governor training on running a charitable company
- Assistance with separate grant claims and audit of grant spend
- Advice and support on teacher pension scheme and tax efficient benefits
- Employment & HR matters
To find out more, call us on +44(0)330 024 3200 and talk to one of our academy experts.